The High Resolution Deterministic Prediction System or HRDPS is a set of nested limited-area model (LAM) forecast grids from the non hydrostatic version of the Global Environmental Multiscale (GEM) model with a 2.5 km horizontal grid spacing for the inner domain over one main Pan-Canadian region and a northern region over the Arctic archipelago and Greenland. The pilot model of the HRDPS is the Regional Deterministic Prediction System or RDPS (GEM Regional model).
0.22 deg (~24 km): 2001/10-2004/05/17
North America: 2016/09/08-present
|Variables||Precipitation, temperature, pressure, specific humidity, wind speed, downward SWR, downward LWR|
|Format||fst (with rmnlib), ASCII, GRIB 2 (convertable to NetCDF)|
- Local access is only accessible to those who have access to the provided network share, and is not accessible otherwise
- A subset of the data is available from this website
- Wind, temperature and specific humidity are reported at the height of 40 m.
- Wind at 10 m and temperature, specific humidity at 2 m available from 2010/01-present.
- Data from 00,12h forecasts available from 2001/10.
- Addition of 06,18h forecasts from 2010/01.