Microsoft Authenticator Number Matching
On May 8, 2023, Microsoft will by deploying Number Matching as a key security upgrade to Microsoft Authenticator.
Previously users would deny or approve the sign-in request via the Authenticator message.
Going forward, when users respond to an Authenticator message they will be presented with a number. That number will need to be entered to complete the approval.
- Log in to one of the USask services enabled with MFA, noted above.
- After logging in, you will receive a Multi-factor Verification message.
- This verification process will send a push notification to your smartphone.
- Click on the Authenticator message on your phone to be brought to the app.
- Tap Approve on the 'Approve sign-in?' message.
As of May 8:
Once your login has been approved on your smartphone, the verification process is completed. You will be redirected to the MFA enabled application or page you were accessing.
This video guide explains how to set up the Microsoft Authenticator app as an MFA method