You can create assessment plans in Elentra but please note that this feature is currently being revised. To most efficiently use this feature we strongly suggest waiting for the new Assessment Plan feature to be released with Elentra 1.13 (summer 2018).
Currently the assessment plans simply house information about the requirements for each program, but eventually reporting tools will be built to reflect the assessment plan information.
The assessment plan allows you to set minimum completion requirements for the different assessment tools built for a program. These minimums can apply to the number of assessments, the number of assessors, and specific contextual variable responses.
Please note that currently the assessment plan does not apply to procedure forms.
You need to have EPAs mapped and forms built before you can create an assessment plan.
Creating an Assessment Plan
- Navigate to Admin>Manage Programs.
- Scroll down or type in text and click on the relevant program name to select it.
- Click ‘CBME’ on the tab menu.
- Click the 'Assessment Plans' tab on the lower tab menu.
- Click 'Add Assessment Plan'.
- Provide a title and description and select a relevant curriculum period.
- Click 'Save Plan'.
You have now created the shell of an assessment plan. Next you need to add specific tools/forms and their minimum requirements to the assessment plan.
Managing an Assessment Plan
Once you have created an assessment plan you need to specify the expectations for the different tools/forms used in a program.
- From the CBME Assessment Plans list, click on an assessment plan title (if you aren't already 'in' a plan).
- Search for an EPA as needed by typing its code or text into the search bar.
- Click on the EPA for which you want to log assessment plan data.
- Provide a title and description for this assessment plan for the selected EPA.
- Click on the name of an existing assessment tool (the list of available tools comes from the published forms associated with the program).
- Add the minimum number of forms to be completed.
- Add the minimum number of assessors to be encountered. (e.g. Type '3' if you require that the learner be assessed by 3 different individuals to complete the requirements for this form/tool.)
- Under Rating Scale responses, set which rating scale minimum must be indicated on the form for it be complete. Note that the rating scale that displays is based on the scale used on the selected form/tool.
- Click on Contextual Variables to select one of the CVs from this form and set parameters for how many forms are required for each CV response option. For example, if the CV is Assessor's Role, you can specify that a learner needs a minimum of 1 completed form from an administrator, 2 completed forms from allied health professionals, and 3 completed forms from physicians. In this example the administrator, allied health professional and physician are all contextual variable response options built for the specific program and available for use on the selected tool.
- To remove a contextual variable from the plan, click 'Remove Contextual Variable' beside the CV you wish to remove.
- To remove a tool, click the 'Remove Tool' button at the bottom of the tool.
When you have completed the necessary fields, click 'Save as Draft' or 'Publish Plan'. Draft plans will appear with an orange dot beside them when you view the list of EPAs for the program.
To delete an entire assessment plan, return to the Assessment Plans tab and click the checkbox beside an assessment plan title and then click 'Remove Assessment Plan'.