Zoom recordings are only stored for 120 days and then they are automatically deleted from the Zoom Cloud. For more information on our Zoom Recording Retention Policy.
Any recordings that are deleted from the Zoom cloud will be placed in the trash bin for 30 days before being permanently deleted. You are able to recover your recordings from the trash bin following these steps:
- Navigate to the USask Zoom site.
- Click Sign In and log in with your NSID and Password.
- Click on Recordings in the left hand navigation menu and click on Trash to see all your deleted recordings.
- Find the recording you would like to recover and click on recover Recover.
- You will be asked if you would like to recover the item, click Recover.
- The file will now be returned to your list of files after clicking Recordings in the left hand navigation menu.
- Files that are already older than the 120 day retention policy will be only be available for download during the next 24 hours before they are placed in the trash again. Please download your recovered files as soon as possible after recovering them.
- Recovering the file does not reset the 120 day retention policy count down. Files that are not older than 120 days will resume counting the count down from the day the meeting happened.