Page 1 of 41. Showing 406 results (0.042 seconds)

  1. What is the University Animal Care Committee (UACC)?

    The University Animal Care Committee (UACC) is the ethics committee responsible for the Animal Care and Use Program. Membership comes from across campus and from all sectors of animal care and use–researchers experienced in animal care and use, veterinary expertise, a member of the University not involved with using
    ConnectionPoint KBApr 17, 2020
  2. What is the Animal Order Desk?

    The University Animal Care Committee (UACC) Animal Order Desk (AOD) is responsible for all questions regarding the purchase of animals – alive or dead, importing and exporting of animals, as well as being responsible for tracking the usage of all research animals on campus. The AOD manages the UACC Animal and Tissue
    ConnectionPoint KBApr 05, 2019
  3. Does my project require animal ethics review and approval?

    All research that involves living animal subjects or the use of animal tissue from subjects requires review and approval by the USask Animal Research Ethics Board (AREB) according to the guidelines set out by the Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC), which provides the principle body of “rules
    ConnectionPoint KBApr 17, 2020
  4. How do I buy animals?

    All requests for purchasing animals – alive or dead – must be made through the UACC Animal Order Desk Related Articles Related issues
    ConnectionPoint KBMar 21, 2022
  5. What is Research Excellence and Innovation?

    -1465, or e-mail us  Supporting high-quality research activities Animal care and research support (including animal ethics) Human ethics Responsibility for biosafety, radiation safety and cannabis licenses For information related to ethics and the ethical conduct
    ConnectionPoint KBFeb 15, 2023
  6. What is the difference between AREB-1 and AREB-2?

    All research, teaching or testing that involves animal subjects or the use of animal tissue must be accurately described in an Animal Use Protocol that is reviewed and approved by the University Animal Care Committee (UACC) Animal Research Ethics Board (AREB).  No animal use can take place until a Certificate
    ConnectionPoint KBApr 17, 2020
  7. How do I request a Release of Funds Prior to Ethics Review for newly funded research projects?

    For multistage projects where activities involving human participants (and/or their data), animals or biological material (non-infectious or infectious) will only take place in the future and the research methodology is not sufficiently developed to prepare a complete compliance review submission, approval from RASI
    ConnectionPoint KBFeb 15, 2023
  8. What account code should I use for my transaction?

    The account code is used to identify the nature of the transaction. The account identifies whether the transaction is a Balance Sheet transaction (an asset or a liability) or an Operating Statement transaction (revenue, expense or transfer). Related Articles Related issues
    ConnectionPoint KBFeb 28, 2023
  9. How do I request a new research fund?

    Please contact Research Acceleration and Strategic Initiatives (RASI) for newly awarded grants (internal or external) or Research Excellence and Innovation (REI) for contracts if you require a new research financial fund (CFOAPAL). Related Articles Related issues
    ConnectionPoint KBJan 11, 2023
  10. How do I know if I am in the EJS pilot group?

    You can check the list below to see if your unit/department is part of the EJS pilot group. Related Articles Related issues
    ConnectionPoint KBMar 14, 2023