The Confluence wiki server will be upgraded on Saturday June 9th to version 6.8.1, starting at 10:00 am. To prepare for this upgrade, please test your existing spaces, plugins, and macros using https://wikitemp.usask.ca . Guests without NSIDs can log in using https://wikitemp.usask.ca/guestlogin.action. This server has a copy of production data from April 28, 2018. Please complete your testing by June 6th, and report any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There have been significant improvements to the Wiki application, including user interface changes. One change is the retirement of the documentation theme, used by spaces to display a page tree on the left menu. The page tree is now a built in option in Confluence. Viewing spaces that use the retired theme will cause the following error:
This error should be fixed automatically for most spaces, but if you encounter this problem, you'll need to reset your theme and layout for your space. Send a request to email@example.com with the name of your space, or follow the steps below to fix the problem.
If you encounter any problems while testing or have any concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documentation Theme Fix
Problem: viewing a space on the wiki displays the following error:
Solution: Send a request to email@example.com with the name of your space, or follow these steps to fix it:
- Go to https://wikitemp.usask.ca/spaces/listdecorators.action?key=YOURSPACEKEY in a browser where YOURSPACEKEY is the key of the space you want to fix
- On the Themes tab, choose the Global Look and Feel (if it isn't selected already) and click Confirm
- On the Layout tab, for each of the rows, click the "Reset Default" link if available
- View your space to confirm the changes: https://wikitemp.usask.ca/display/YOURSPACEKEY/Home
Optional: If you want to return your space to using a page tree view, you'll need to Configure the sidebar of your space. To do that, you must be an administrator of the space. Then follow these steps:
- Click on the Space tools gear on the bottom left of the window:
- Choose Configure sidebar from the menu option
- Select the "Page tree" option under Navigation display options:
- And click the Done button