The following assumptions were made during the data entry process:
- The placement of items in the U of S Standardized CV is based on standardized logic in UnivRS. Further information about the logic is available in the U of S Standardized CV Comparison Documents. You may modify most record(s) at any time to surface the item in the CV and/or move the item to the appropriate section.
- CV items were related to the affiliation listed at the top of your CV. You may modify most record(s), if you choose to relate it to another internal affiliation.
- The Personal section is automatically populated using data from AboutUs (Human Resources system).
- The Research Funding History section may be automatically populated using institutional data collected and administered through the Research Services and Ethics Office legacy systems since approximately the late 1990s. Funding secured and administered through the U of S prior to this time and/or administered through another organisation may be included in the ‘Non U of S Project’ template in UnivRS.
- If you identified yourself as a committee member for a student, there may be cases where your role was set to “Other” in the “Student / Post-doctoral Supervision” template instead of ‘Academic Advisor’. This may affect the placement of that item in your CV. You may modify the record(s) at any time to move the item to the appropriate section.
CV items that identified multiple contributor(s) may not be accessible to all parties in UnivRS. You may provide access to any U of S contributors by relating the person(s) to each record using the '+' button in the Key Information tab.
If it was unclear whether a publication was peer-reviewed, 'no’ may have been selected as the default value in UnivRS. This may affect the placement of that item in your CV. You may modify the record at any time to move the item to the appropriate section.
CV items were entered as provided, unless an organisation had been renamed and/or errors were noticed. If multiple years were provided for a single line item in your CV, more than one record may have been entered into UnivRS.
Only the highest level of a given external organization may have been referenced. For example, if your CV referenced a local chapter of a national organisation, the national organisation was listed. Similarly, if your CV referenced a department within an organization, the organization was noted.
Information may not have been entered for all mandatory fields in UnivRS, with the exception of dates.
Where only a month/year was provided, the date referenced the first day of that month.
Where only the year was provided, the date referenced the first day of that year (i.e. January 1st), with the exception of academic appointments. If no date was referenced, July 1st was entered.
Where only an academic year was provided, the academic year was referenced but no start or end dates were entered. You may need to enter a start and/or end date to surface the record on a CV output generated by UnivRS
- If no day or month was provided, ‘unknown’ was selected for the Academic Year field. Records may be modified directly to surface on a Form 1 and/or Form 2 generated by UnivRS.
- Information to generate Forms 1 and 2 were defaulted to 'None', unless requested to be entered. You may modify the record at any time. Instructions are available on our website.
- CV items were left in a ‘Non-Validated’ workflow status to easily identify records that require validation (i.e. your approval). These will not appear in any report generated by UnivRS, unless set to ‘Validated’.